Saturday, January 30, 2010

A day in the Garden of Eden...

Okay, okay. So not the Garden of Eden, but the Garden of Trish just doesn't fit that whole Biblical theme I've got going at the moment.
I got out into my garden today, after first doing all the housework straight after brekky. That took me a couple of hours, but now my house is nice and shiny again. Then off to the garden where I spent about three hours digging out a new garden bed and preparing it for planting.
I'm not the only thing at my place that is starting to look better since I started on WW. My poor neglected garden is now almost entirely weed free and my house that was, in the past, always in need of a good dust and polish now sparkles - at least until the kids get out of bed.
In the past, joining WW has meant hours planning, preparing and cooking "healthy" food. It also meant hours scouring the shelves at the supermarket for WW products and "low fat" meals. I honestly believe now that this is why I've failed in the past. I almost never eat icecream, yet there I was eating yummy WW icecreams at 2-3 points a hit, just because I could. Or trying to fill up on a Lean Cuisine when I just couldn't be bothered.
This time feels so different because this time I am barely noticing the food that I'm eating, other than to ensure that it fits into my point tracker for the day. I have stopped focusing on food and started focusing on anything that takes my focus OFF food. Some days I have even noticed that I'm feeling a little hungry (now there's a sensation I wasn't familiar with!), so I've had to stop what I'm doing to go and eat.
I'm feeling very sure of myself this time around. I'm no longer working to acheive drastic changes in ridiculously short time frames. I am comfortably losing weight at a much more sedate rate than I ever have in the past because, in the past, I was so focused on the food and exercise that I was forgetting to live my new, life changing, lifestyle.
Trish xx

No comments:

Post a Comment